November 15, 2009

My favourite movie quotes

I have consolidated the list of my favourite quotes from different Hindi and English movies. Some of them are not-so-famous but are my favourite. The list is not comprehensive. I'll make another list and post it when I come across good quotes in future.


'Khubsoorat kuch nahi rehta. Sab kuch khokhla ho jaata hai.' (Translation: Nothing remains beautiful. Everything goes hollow.) - Guru

['Did she leave you or did you leave her?'] 'Love left us.' - Life in a Metro

'... I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.' - Notting Hill

'... Haan mujhe lajja aati hai...' (Translation: Yes I feel ashamed...) - Lajja

'I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is.' - Forrest Gump

'When it comes to love, we are all in the dark.' - Kinsey

'Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want? What do you want?' - The Notebook

'Babumoshai, humari mushkil maloom hai kya hai... hum aanewale gum ko kheech-taankar aajki khushipe la dete hai aur us khushime zahar ghol dete hai' (Translation: Do you know what our problem is... we drag tomorrow's worries into today's happiness and poison that happiness.) - Anand

['I am trying to find out why people hate this book so' - 'You told them their grandmothers and their daughters are masturbating, having premarital sex, sex with each other. What did you expect?'] 'Some respect.' - Kinsey

'You make me want to be a better man.' - As Good as it Gets

'I don't want to be 60 years old some day and seemingly happily married to some man that I know is my second choice.' - Dream for an Insomniac

'Get busy living, or get busy dying.' - The Shawshank Redemption

'Haan, paagal ho gai hoon main. Paagal bana diya hai mujhe aapke khokhle aadarshone, aapki jhoothi shan ne, aapki zidd ne' (Translation: Yes, I've gone mad. It's your hollow ideals, your fake reputation, your stubbornness that drives me crazy.) - Hero No. 1

'Everybody's sin is nobody's sin, and everybody's crime is no crime at all.' (sarcastically) - Kinsey

PS: Here are the links to sequels to this post: Part 2, Part 3

7 comments:

  1. and 1 of my fav which u can add up !
    " you have to be in the system to change the system" from Page 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav is Right now is:

    "||Emotional feelings are not verbs to manipulate but they are adjectives to erupt naturally!||"...

    ..not from any movie but from one of the blog post I read few days back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ishita,

    That's a nice one too. In fact, there are quite a few dialogues from that movie that I like.

    @Rachana,

    That's a good line. But, I didn't get the 'verb' and 'adjective' part of it. Are they used because we normally manipulate verbs but not adjectives? *confused*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this collection!!
    Which movie is 'Haan paagal ho gayee hoon main... " from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @IHM,

    It's from a Govinda-Karishma Kapoor starred movie Hero No. 1. Karishma says this to his dad.

    I'd mistakenly missed putting the name of the movie at the end of the dialogue.

    And, yes, I'm going make a big post on feminism with the help of a book 'Seven Steps in the Sky' (on which I've already made a post too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my fav:

    'Zindagi jeene ke dui tareeke hote hain. Ek- Jo ho raha hai, hone do. Bardaasht karte jaao. Ya phir, zimmedaari uthao use badalne ki.'

    From Rang De Basanti

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of my favourite too. I'll mostly add it in the one of the sequels of this post.

    Actually, I like many dialogues from 'Rang De Basanti'.

    ReplyDelete